Czech-English and English-Czech business and technical translations
Absolute Czech Translations offer translation from English into Czech and from Czech into English of business documents such as user instructions, manuals, product descriptions and packaging labels, data sheets, product information leaflets, brochures, web pages, business letters and emails, company profit and loss accounts, etc.
Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková is a freelance Czech translator with experience of translating documents on many different subjects including accountancy, financial reports, business proposals, car manufacturing, software localisation, medical equipment, welding, food production, clothes and shoes retail, cosmetic products, machinery, audio electronics, energy efficient schemes and emission trading, etc.
Business and technical translation charges
Milada can typically translate between 1,500 to 3,000 words per day although with the use of the translation memory tools SDL Trados it is possible to translate considerably more if there are many repetitions in the text. Such translation memory tools are excellent for batches of documents where there are frequently used same sentences or phrases, for example:
- Data sheets of paints
- Data sheets of cleaning products
- Data sheets of animal feed
- User instructions for similar products
- Legal agreements
Charging rates for translation work depend on several factors, eg:
- Technical and specialised terms that need to be researched in specialised dictionaries and on the internet.
- Translation deadline – rates are higher for rush jobs.
- Formatting of the document.
- Intended use of the document. Translating a simple business letter is usually considerably easier and quicker than translating product labels or user instructions of medical equipment.
- Word count.
Absolute Czech Translations can offer more favourable rates for translating longer documents and to regular customers.