Úrední preklad rodného listu z cestiny do anglictiny
You may need a certified translation of a Czech birth certificate into English if, for example:
- You are a Czech citizen and want to have a wedding in the UK or in another English speaking country, for example in Australia, South Africa, Barbados, Malta, Gibraltar, etc.
- You are a Czech citizen and applying for a visa to a foreign country, for example Australia, USA, etc.
- You are a Czech national living permanently in the UK and your employer, bank, government authority or academic institution require that you present them with a certified translation of your Czech birth certificate into English.
Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková, owner of Absolute Czech Translations, provides certified translations of Czech birth certificates which are accepted by all British authorities and authorities in other English speaking countries.
Certified translations of Czech birth certificates from Czech into English for British authorities
For British authorities, such as registry offices, banks or the Home Office Border Agency, it is usually sufficient if the English translation is bound with a photocopy of the Czech birth certificate and accompanied with the translator’s certificate. This must contain the translator’s declaration and their contact details and information about their professional qualifications and membership of any professional organisations. Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková the owner of Absolute Czech Translations is a qualified member translator of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (MITI).
Cerified Translations of Czech birth certificate from Czech into English for authorities in other English speaking countries
If the certified translation of the Czech birth certificate is requested, for example by a registry office in a foreign country in order to conduct a wedding ceremony, in some cases the registrars demand that the Czech birth certificate must be legalised by an apositille issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. In some cases they also insist that the translation must be bound with the original. If the translation is needed for a visa application to Australia, the Australian authorities require that the translator must have a professional membership of some British translation organisation, such as the Institute of Translation and Interpreting. Other authorities demand that the translation must be bound with the translator’s certificate with a verification round stamp with the Czech national emblem.
How to order a certified translation of a Czech birth certificate from Czech into English
- As all authorities have different requirements, it is recommended that clients should firstly find out the following information:
- Is it sufficient to bind the translation with the photocopy of the birth certificate, or does the translation have to be bound with the original Czech birth certificate?
- Does the Czech birth certificate need to be first legalised by an apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, or not?
- Does the authority prefer if the translator’s certificate contains the verification round stamp with the Czech national emblem, or a membership seal of the British professional organisation The Institute of Translation and Interpreting?
- Contact Absolute Czech Translations to obtain a quote for the translation and make payment by bank transfer or PayPal.
- If it is sufficient to bind the translation with a photocopy, please scan the birth certificate and email it to Absolute Czech Translations. If it is necessary to bind the translation with the original, please post the birth certificate as a recorded delivery to:
Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková
Absolute Czech Translations
60 Nobles Close
Include with the document your full address where the translation is to be posted to, your telephone number and the date by which the translation is needed.
Certified translations of birth certificates can generally be guaranteed to be carried out within 5 working days from receipt of the document and payment and posted back to the client by recorded delivery. However, if a translation is needed urgently, it can be sent quicker by Special delivery. Urgent jobs may incur additional fees.
Ministerstvo zahranicních vecí CR (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic)
Odbor konzulárních cinností- referát legalizace (Legalisation department)
Hradcanské nám. 5
110 00 Praha
Phone: 224 18 2188, 224 18 2153
Fax: 224 18 2527